Friday, October 17, 2008

Upcycling

My daughter has told us time and time again that we are just crazy. Two Adult woman at a Birthday party watching someone getting ready to throw away all the plastic table clothes. We look at each other and then as if one knew what the other was thinking we both say at the same time ohh don't throw those away we can fuse them into reusable gift bags. you
When my son was in preschool they took all the crayons from the year and melted them and cut them out with cookie cutters and sent them home with the kids. Well when you have kids in your house you most always have a box of broken crayons well not in our houses we melt them and upcycle them into more crayons.
Most of my yarn comes from people that used to crochet but haven't in years and know that I will use it hence why I have yarn everywhere. I love to make scrap blankets and anything I can make up in my mind. I have problems following patterns because I am always loosing my place so some are committed to memory and some are just made up.
Everyone knows what we do so most of the time we get we aren't going to use these anymore do you think you can give it new life and that is what we do.
Deidre

No comments: