Thursday, February 12, 2009

Extra Love

My sister has this scarf that she loves and she found a hole in it. It was done on knitting speed sticks. I identified the yarn and even found some on the clearance rack and bought three skeins. I started crocheting it while I was visiting because I only shipped my crochet needles.
I tore it apart and started knitting it when I got home.
I think my son is in love with this scarf because he has pulled it off the needles several times.
We set up a little pop up tent sometimes on the weekends for him and dad to play in. Well wouldn't you know there he was with the tent door zipped shut with this scarf stringing the yarn out everywhere. I hear HONEY you may want to come look at this! Panic has come over me because you just know that tone your spouse gets when you should have been there before he called your name. I look in the tent and my little boy has this yarn all over him and is trying to knit with the needles only the scarf is no longer on the needle.
He looked up with those big brown eyes and said, "hi mom I help" okay how can you be upset at this point? So to my sister when you get your scarf know that it was made with extra love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! And I'm sure it'll mean even more to your sister now. :)
By the way...Your blog is now the recipient of the "One Lovely Blog Award".

Here is what you should do in the acceptance of the award:

1. Accept the award.
2. Post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog/etsy shop link.
3. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you've newly discovered.

Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award